October 23, 2012

Priscilla Embroidery Pattern: Play Apron Pt. 2

Hullo everyone! Here's the update on our Play Apron from Priscilla Embroidery.

Started by transferring all the patterns to one piece of muslin:


Looking at the original photo, it seemed like the stitch used for the figures was an outline/stem stitch. I am back-stitch kindda gal so it took me quite a bit of time to get into the groove of the stitch. Specially in going round corners and crevices. Any advice would be greatly appreciated on this.



I did all the outlines of all the characters first (including the other 2 of the other pockets) and gave them satin stitch eyes.

Upon closer scrutiny of the original design, I saw some more details which I failed to place in the pattern so it was the perfect time to work those in. Will update the pattern I posted with these changes.



I cannot quite pinpoint what stitches they used to fill in the figures, but I did see some form of straight stitches and zigzags. Started with straight stitches in green in a brick pattern:


Then, I took my yellow thread and wove some diamonds into it like so:


And that is it for now :-) Will fill everything else in and then tackle the assembly. Happy Monday everyone!


Have a great week and Happy Stitching!

1 comment: