Today's tutorial comes to you out of somewhat of a necessity in my world. I sew and stitch quite a bit and realized that I needed a thread catcher for the floss tails, threads, and fabric pieces that I snip off of my projects as I am working on them. I know I am not the only one who needs a quick place to toss the excess threads and floss while I am sewing and stitching. I am hoping you can make use of this project in your workspace as you stitch up your WIP, as well!
To make this thread catcher basket out of fabric, you'll need:
- Fabric for exterior (11 inches tall by 14.5 inches wide)
- Fabric for lining (11 inches tall by 14.5 inches wide)
- medium weight interfacing (11 inches tall by 14.5 inches wide)
- sewing machine and supplies
- embroidery hoop, floss, and needles
I used the spool image from the Sewing Collage pattern available at Urban Threads.
Hope you have a great Tuesday!