I couldn't resist telling you guys about the most awesome challenge happening right now over at Craftster.
This month, thanks to Ticketmaster, Crafster is showing the love for live events from concerts, to Broadway shows, and more! Your mission this month is to craft a project that shows major love to one of your favorite live events or productions! Concerts, sporting events, family entertainment, music festivals, arts & theater, you name it! You can use any crafting mediums of your choosing as long as your project features or pays homage to a live, ticketed event of some sort!
Maybe your project will actually incorporate that old ticket from the very first play you ever attended. Or maybe you'll create a project from scratch such as an awesome concert ticket embroidery pillow! Perhaps you could create the perfect music festival headband, bag or other accessories. You could even create an epic quilt from all of those concert tshirts you've been hoarding over the years.
Ticketmaster has provided a bundle of prizes for the challenge this month! The first and second place winners will be selected by the online community voting poll here on Craftster. The third place winner will be selected by a panel of judges at Ticketmaster! Oh! And a little birdie told us that the panel of judges would love to see some sort of nod to barcodes, locks, etc. (security-related concepts) included in the winning project. How cool would it be to add a secret barcode to your project?
Additional Rules and Details:
- Entries open to US and Canada.
- Craft your project during this challenge period (Apr 6 2015 - May 10 2015) only. Projects created before this timeframe will be excluded from the voting poll.
- On May 1, 2015, there will be a special folder created for entries. Post your entry on the specified entry board during the period of May 1 - May 10 11:59:59 PDT 2015. No sooner. No later.
- Voting will happen from May 11 - May 18 2015.
- The winner will be officially announced on the first business Monday of the next month (in our June newsletter), on this thread and on the Craftster blog. Ticketmaster will also feature the winners on their blog, Twitter and Facebook! We will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement, to get your prize package information.
- Enter only ONE project. Your entry can have multiple components to it.
- If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.
It's probably impossible to know whether your project is 100% original, has never been posted on Craftster, or made by anyone else in the past. But if your project was definitely inspired by something you've seen before, please give credit to that project.
At the end, we'll set up a poll right here and the winners (US or Canada) will recieve:
Ticketmaster prizing:(1) Grand prize, first place winner (voted by Craftster community): $250 Ticketmaster gift card(2) Second place winner (voted by Craftster community): $150 Ticketmaster gift card(3) Third place winner (voted by Ticketmaster): $100 Ticketmaster gift card
Gift cards can be used to purchase events on Ticketmaster.com / Ticketmaster.ca. Ticketmaster will also feature the winners on their blog, Twitter and Facebook!
As well as:(1) their project in the Featured Projects area(2) their project in the Craftster Blog(3) and a prize from us at Craftster.org -- any one item from one of Craftster's online shops!
You can read more about the contest and get inspiration HERE.